Patient Ombud Office NGO DAP project
In September 2013 Patients` Ombud Office launched project “Promotion of active civil society in health care sector, foundation of “Latvian patients` and health care NGOs` support center” and creating support tools“. PHB is a partner in this project.The aim of the project is to strengthen civil society – to create tools for patients` and health care NGOs` interest defense. Project is being held in national level.
The project is being implemented in the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2009-2014 period in program “NGO Fund” (“NGO support program”). Project is financially supported by Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein.
Project partners: Society of Pulmonary Hypertension, Health Projects for Latvia
Project target groups: NGO`s (employees, volunteers, members), Latvian residents
Period: 01.09.2013 – 31.12.2015
Financing: 55975.75 EUR (95 % from European Economical Zone financial instrument, 5 % from Latvian state budget)
Main activities and results:
- Created base – „Latvian patients` and health care NGOs` support centre” and support tools for interest advocacy
- Free-of-charge phone for patients to express their experience due to health care system in Latvia
- Strengthening organizations capacity – training in legal documents writing, art of presentations, new expert –lawyer
- Website improvements – adjust to people with vision problems, news sections
- Created health care NGOs` network